Friday, February 06, 2015

This Post Cost Me At Least $65K

Yes. To many folks I am still out of my mind. It is now well more than 2 years since I turned 66. I haven't bothered to find out how much more my monthly draw would be because I've not filed a claim for social security. Simply based on the base amount available at 66, the total is now in excess of $65,000.

A couple of too clever fellows have winked at me "not taking it now means you'll get more when you do take it." The fact is I'd have to live to be more than 100 to make up that difference. That's not a good bet even without real inflation considerations. Some people just can't accept that though I'm obviously intelligent that I'd actually do such a thing. Or even worse from their standpoint: that there might be many more people like me. Afterall, such people serve to make our trough-swilling pols and their beneficiaries look even worse than they currently are.

I'm sure they much rather think that I'm either dishonest or nuts. Sorry fellows. It's not about what you think or feel at all.

I continue to thank the Lord that I have not needed to file. That's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats